Bad reputation.



I'm Ashley Anderson and if you were to say my name in Lakewood High, at least a hundred people would tell you that I date a new guy every week, that I had an abortion at least three times before and a million other stories about my supposed 'whoreness' but what they wouldn't tell you is that none of these stories is actually true because even though almost everyone knew I wasn't this whore they were making me to be, they liked to believe that I was seeing as it made them feel better about themselves which is pathetic if you ask me.
Anyway, One day while I was by my locker, the new guy with the blond hair walked by with one of the basketball guys. The guy's eyes had lingered on me for a while before the basketball guy started whispering in his ear, probably telling him all the stupid rumors they made up about me.
And Although, I was sure that the new guy with the blond hair had heard a lot of terrible things about me, he came to my table at lunch but before he could utter a word I told him to leave me alone but he just chuckled before introducing himself as Luke McCartney.
And since then Luke had become my only friend in school. We had also grown really close over the course of the first quarter but it wasn't before my mom's birthday that he knew the whole truth about the rumors.
I had told him that it was my mom's birthday and being the nice guy that he is, he had decided to come over with flowers for my mom but what he didn't expect was to know that both of my parents had died that last summer only three days after my eighteenth birthday. I don't really know why I broke down right then and there on my front porch, in front of him maybe because I was already sad? I don't know but I did anyway.
And it was then that I told him how all the rumors started, how I was dating one of the jocks  who I had thought actually loved me and on my eighteenth birthday, he wanted me to give him myself but I wasn't ready and so I refused but apparently he didn't like that much and so, he spread all those rumors about me. It wasn't actually before I went back to school two months after my parents death, that I knew about the rumors, I told him how I waited for everyone to forget about the rumors but they never did and how I became lonely and had no one up until he came around.
I had expected him to pity me or try to comfort me anything, really but what I didn't expect him to do at all is to tell me that he loved me before pressing his soft, warm lips to mine and what I didn't also expect was for me to say the words right back to him.
We dated for about four months after that day and during these four months I had been the happiest since my parents' death but of course this was no fairy tale and we had to break up before leaving for college.
But as I sit right now on my bed writing all of this while I wait for my husband to come back from work with my four months pregnant belly that for some weird reason my husband thinks is cute, I realize that if it wasn't for Luke seeing right through my sadness and being there for me all these years back, I probably wouldn't be here now with a successful career and a stable marriage and I probably would have killed myself years ago.
But after all these years, I now believe that everything happens for a reason and I believe in fate, why? Because even after ten years and about five break ups, I am married to the one and only Luke McCartney. 





You can find me on Instagram and Twitter @sara_guesses and on my Facebook page Sara Guesses. and it'd be really great if you could follow me and like my page :)
Also, I do not own the rights to pictures used, I just found them on google.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mashed Potatoes!!

The Perfect Body?!

Chocolate Milkshake!!