Pancakes!!

So, this is a healthyish pancake recipe that my mom told me about with some of my own adjustments made. Now I know that this is not super healthy and like gluten free, sugar free and all that but it's definitely healthier than the traditional pancake recipe and it seriously tastes amazing. Here it is!!
The ingredients:
~1 cup of wholewheat flour.
~2/3 cup of coconut milk.
~1/3 cup of water.
~1 egg.
~1 tsp of cinnamon. (Adjust to taste.)
~1 tsp of vanilla extract.
~1/4 tsp of baking powder.
~Honey or maple syrup.(As much or as less according to your liking.)
~1 Tbsp of shredded coconut.(You can replace it with dark chocolate chips, raisins or walnuts.)
Instructions:
-In a large bowl put all the ingredients together and mix them till smooth before adding the shredded coconut.
-Grease a pan with a little bit of oil and put it on medium heat for a minute or two until hot.
-Using an ice-cream scoop, pour three scoops into the pan for medium
sized pancakes (Adjust according to how big or how small you want your pancakes to be.)
-Let it cook on one side until golden or until bubbles form before flipping it over to the other side.
-Repeat until the batter is gone.
-Stack the pancakes with honey in between each layer and at the top (Or you can roll them up whatever you like.), add some shredded coconut on top for presentation.
-Then serve!! 
Notes:
-This recipe makes about 8 medium sized pancakes that serve two people. (Feel free to double or half the recipe.)
-You can add raw cacao powder and dark chocolate chips for double chocolate pancakes.
-You can replace the coconut milk with skimmed or full fat dairy milk but if you do, then add 1 cup of milk without the water.


I really hope you enjoy these pancakes. Let me know if you try them and leave me a comment to let me know how you find them. You can find me on Instagram and Twitter @sara_guesses and on my Facebook page Sara Guesses. and it'd be really great if you could follow me and like my page :)
Also, I do not own the rights to pictures used, I just found them on google.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mashed Potatoes!!

The Perfect Body?!

Chocolate Milkshake!!