Mashed Potatoes!!

A lot of people say that potatoes in general aren't the healthiest of options and that there's plenty of other healthier options like sweet potatoes or cauliflower but I personally just love potatoes and can not and I mean can not live without eating them. And one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is when they're mashed but as usual the traditional mashed potatoes recipe has tons of butter and full-cream milk that just adds heaps of unwanted saturated fats. So, I came up with a healthy and modified way to make mashed potatoes that are creamy and taste amazing with only four ingredients.
The ingredients:
~1 medium sized potato.
~1 Tbsp of olive oil.
~Salt and pepper. (Adjust to taste.)
Instructions:
-Start by boiling the potatoes until soft before peeling them.
-Then add the potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper to the mixer before blending them together until smooth.
-And BAM!!  you can enjoy your warm and delicious mashed potatoes.
Notes:
-You can of course double this recipe or triple it if you're cooking to more than one person.
-You can add some cilantro or green onions for added flavor
.
-Add these mashed potatoes to your grilled chicken or fish as a side dish with some sauteed vegetables and you'll have a balanced meal that has proteins, carbs, healthy fats and veggies.



Hope you enjoy your creamy mashed potatoes and let me know if you make them, you can find me on Instagram and Twitter @sara_guesses and on my Facebook page Sara Guesses. and it'd be really great if you could follow me and like my page :)
Also, I do not own the rights to pictures used, I just found them on google.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You think you're fat? Well, yes you ARE!!!.

Apple-Ginger Muffins!!!